Enterprise Legal’s Sharné Lategan is a pre-eminent building and construction lawyer on the Darling Downs.
At Enterprise Legal we work with principals, head contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and homeowners. Whether the project you are tendering for, or working on is a house, office building, residential or commercial development or other infrastructure project, Enterprise Legal has the expertise and dedication to make the process as smooth as possible.
Our motto is simple – prevention is better than cure! Enterprise Legal works with your business to ensure your in-house processes and procedures are set up to best enhance the administration of contracts and allow you to appropriately manage risks.
We can assist your business by providing the following fixed-fee contract administration services:
- reviewing contracts and advising you on your rights, obligations and risks and recommending appropriate amendments;
- negotiating contract terms to ensure proportionate and appropriate risk allocation;
- advice on how to position your business to maximise your chances of winning major construction projects or government work;
- collaborating with you during the tendering process to ensure your tender complies with the relevant tender terms and conditions and local laws, and preparing your response to tender;
- selecting a project-appropriate contract, and where warranted, drafting bespoke contracts tailored for your business or for a particular project;
- preparing contract administration manuals, contract administration templates and policies and procedures to ensure your staff are equipped to administer contracts effectively and efficiently, and one on one training of your staff accordingly; and
- general management, advice and support on a project-by-project basis, where you can contact us at any time with ad-hoc questions or queries regarding your rights and liabilities.
When a dispute arises on a project, we provide our clients with practical, easy to understand legal advice. We will always try to commercially resolve a dispute wherever possible, but when the matter cannot be resolved between the parties, we are here to represent your rights and interests to the fullest extent.
We can assist you by providing the following fixed-fee dispute related services:
- informal negotiations to resolve a dispute early on wherever possible;
- preparation of BCIPA-compliant payment claims and schedules to ensure you position yourself properly for an adjudication application or response;
- preparation of BCIPA-compliant adjudication applications or responses; and
- representing you in expert determination, arbitration or litigation.